Often, when I’m starting a new series I go back to something I have done before to get the juices flowing. In this case I based the original drawing for this painting on a completed 3D painting. Once it was scaled up it began to change. Not a lot, but enough to make it work. I was now on comfortable ground where the object was to get as much 3 dimensional illusion as I could on that flat surface. I’ve got one more painting working. It will also prime the pump and when that is completed I should be ready to come up with something I haven’t thought of yet.
I’m still working on the next 3D piece but that one is having a slow start.
In producing these pieces I find I spend as much time thinking and looking as I do constructing them.